You’re on your journey to a better you–congratulations. You’re doing it–putting the good stuff in your body, keeping it moving, and making time for yourself. It sounds easy, but we all know just how hard it is. You probably deserve a treat for all your hard effort–and it probably should be chocolate-flavored, right?
Before it looks like we are suggesting you derail your progress with a “reward” laden with processed ingredients and crazy amounts of sugar, let us explain. We have, again, hand-crafted a dessert recipe made with Shakeology that will deliver taste bud satisfaction as well as dense nutrition. Rewarding yourself with health makes a little more sense, doesn’t it?
So now that we’re on the same page, let us introduce to you the newest Shakeology dessert: Shakeology Devils Food Cake Balls. This recipe satisfies even the sweetest sweet tooth without the guilt! So check out the recipe, whip up a batch, and have a ball (literally)! And if you wanted to send some our way, we wouldn’t say no…
Shakeology Devils Food Cake Balls
(Makes 12 servings, 1 each)
- Total Time: 15 min.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cooking Time: None
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- Warm water
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup chopped raw almonds
- ½ cup Chocolate Shakeology
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Soak dates in water for 10 minutes; drain well. Set aside.
- Place walnuts and almonds in food processor (or blender). Pulse until finely ground.
- Add Shakeology and salt. Pulse until well mixed. Place in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place dates in food processor (or blender). Pulse until finely chopped. Place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Return nut mixture to food processor (or blender). Pulse, adding a small amount of dates at a time, until a dough consistency is achieved.
- Roll dough in balls about 2 Tbsp. each.
- Roll balls in cocoa powder.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 75 mg
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protein: 4 g
- ½ Yellow
- 1 Blue