If you’re a Shakeology blog veteran and remember our earlier posts, we thought we had the healthiest Shakeology Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. While these snacks were definitely healthier than the processed candies you’re used to seeing in grocery stores, there was room for improvement.
After examining our original recipe, we realized there was opportunity to up our protein and fiber and reduce our fats. We also dropped PB2 completely. While this ingredient is yummy and a good occasional shake add-in, it does contain added sugars. We ended up with an even tastier and much healthier version of our Shakeology Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Check it out and let us know what you think!
Total Time: 36 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 1 min.
Yield: 12 servings, 1 cup each
¼ cup dark chocolate morsels
2 scoops Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
1 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder
½ cup pumpkin puree
6 tsp. all-natural smooth peanut butter, divided use
1. Prepare twelve mini muffin cups by lining with muffin papers.
2. Place morsels in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds; stir; microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted. Do not overcook. Set aside.
3. Place Shakeology, psyllium husk, and pumpkin in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a dough.
4. Divide dough into 12 small balls; place each ball in a muffin cup. Press dough down into a flat disk with a depression in the middle. Place ½ tsp. peanut butter in each depression.
5. Drizzle melted morsels evenly over each peanut butter cup; spread to create a thin chocolate layer on top.
6. Freeze for 30 minutes, or until chocolate hardens.