Everyone wants to get together with their gal-pals to hang out, catch up, and get in some good laughs. But instead of meeting up at a local restaurant or bar, why not have everyone meet up at your place and do a make-a-shake Girls’ Night In. You’ve got healthy, you’ve got delicious, and you’ve got party all in one.
Here’s how you can throw an epic Shakeology party that will make you the talk of the town.
Forget snail mail. Just send an evite. It’s quick. It’s free. And it’s incredibly easy. To make this party invite more personal, design your own personalized invitation with Evite.
Then click the camera icon on the evite page and either upload anything from our blog (or pinterest page for the prettiest pics), or select any photo you have saved on your computer.
This is the fun and creative part. Go all out on making your place cute and colorful. Need a color palette? Hello–Shakeology flavors are not only appealing to the taste buds, but also to the eyes. Not only will the crafty décor help set the mood, it’ll give your friends something to talk about. If you want to take the decorating up a notch, make one or all of these guys:
- Cupcake Flower Lights
All you need is a string of Christmas lights, colorful cupcake liners (large and small) and scissors. You can find detailed instructions here.
- Coffee Filter Flowers
To continue making pretty things out of paper, here’s an idea on how to make fun, colorful, and inexpensive bouquets of flowers to decorate your place that last…well…pretty much…forever. You can find instructions here.
- Tin Can Vases
Once the bouquets are built, you’ll need a creative vase to house them in. So why not upcycle tin cans from your pantry. Empty and dry the cans, then you can either paint them, cover them with material and ribbon, or even glue pretty paper around them—all to go with your color theme of the night.
- Ice Balloons
Chances are, your guest are going to want something to sip on other than Shakeology all night, so be sure to have a bucket of water bottles out and about. And the best way to keep them cold without making a mess is to create Ice Balloons. Simply fill colorful balloons ¼ way full, freeze over night, then mix and mingle them with the H2O.
- Candlestick Snack Plates
Instead of having snacks lying around on boring plates, here’s a fun, easy, and inexpensive way to create multi-level serving trays. All you need are a few candlesticks, pretty plates, and super-strength glue such as E-6000. You can get inexpensive supplies at a thrift shop, or even the dollar store.
THE MAIN ATTRACTION: SHAKEOLOGY
There are several ways you could approach organizing the Shakeology part of this party. You could blend up a few batches of various Shakeology recipes, then ask your friends which of the flavors they prefer and pass the pitchers around. You could create mini menus for your friends to peruse and let them place their orders while you play blender-tender. Or you could lay it out buffet style where each person picks a recipe (or makes one up) and adds their own ingredients to the blender.
Shakeology you can chew
Instead of just drinking Shakeology, you can also make Shakeology treats for your friends to sample—from your candlestick snack plates, of course.
Try these perfect party snacks:
Shakeology No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup Chocolate Shakeology powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar (to taste)
- Directions: Combine ingredients in bowl. Mix well. Roll into balls (about 1 heaping teaspoon each).
- Optional: Roll balls in crushed nuts, oatmeal mixed with a little cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs, or unsweetened coconut flakes.
- 1 ½ servings Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup milk of almond milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Directions: Blend until smooth. Pour into individual dishes, piecrust, or frozen-pop forms. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze until firm. Garnish with a dab of the low-fat whipped topping of your choice and some chopped nuts. (Makes 2-4 servings)
Chocolate Brownie Snacks
- ½ cup all-natural smooth almond butter
- 1 scoop Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp. chopped raw almonds (or walnuts or sun flower seeds)
- Directions: Combine almond butter, Shakeology, banana, oats, and almonds in a medium bowl; mix well. Roll mixture into twelve 1-inch balls; place in airtight container. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
If you want to send your friends off with a party favor, you could create little to-go boxes so they can load up on the leftovers. Or you could let each person part ways with a single serving packet of Shakeology !
Between the invites, the decor, the menu options, and the parting gifts, you will have everything you need to host a Shakeology soiree that your friends will be talking about for months. Do you have a suggestion we missed? Let us know in the comments!